Out Camping? Here are 5 Easy Camping Recipes to Try
Family camping has a way of turning routine activities into fun things that you get to do outside. Keep your campers happy and full with kid-friendly, familiar recipes while you’re off the grid.
For convenience, camping meals should be easy to travel with and can be cooked over the campfire or on a portable camping stove. Don’t forget to pack all essentials and store your food in sturdy containers and coolers.
5 Quick and Delicious Camping Meals You Should Try
If you want fast and easy meals for your family camping vacation, consider out the following recipes:
1. Scrambled Eggs
This meal can be a great way to kickstart your day.
· Non-salted, stick butter
· Mix the eggs, water, and stick butter in a saucepan. The proper ratio should be one-tablespoonful of butter and one tablespoonful of water for each egg.
· Stir the mixture until the egg whites and water are properly mixed up. Then, place the pan over the campfire.
· As the butter starts to melt, remove the pan from the fire, stir the mixture again before returning it to the campfire. Repeat this process until all the butter has melted.
2. Double-Baked Potato Boat
You can have this for breakfast, lunch, or as a quick snack at any time of the day.
· 3 baked potatoes
· 9 cooked bacon strips
· Cooked ham
· Stick butter
· Cheddar cheese
· Slice the baked potatoes. Then use two slices to sandwich pieces of ham, bacon, and cheese.
· Add some butter on each potato before wrapping them in tin foil and baking them on your campfire for about half an hour.
3. Fried Fish Fillets
This meal is packed with all the right omega-3 fatty acids and makes a tasty camping dinner.
· 1 pound of fish fillets
· 1 cupful of flour
· About half a cup of beer
· 1 cupful of buttermilk pancake mix
· 5-8 tablespoons of cooking oil
· Clean, dry, and evenly coat your fish fillets with flour while warming your cooking oil.
· Next, mix the pancake mix with the beer until smooth, then evenly coat the fillets with the mix.
· Cook the fillets in the warmed-up oil until they’re golden brown.
4. Bannock Bread
Loved by many Canadians, this is a quick snack that can be cooked in a pan over a fire or in the oven.
· 6 cups of flour
· 4 tablespoons of baking powder
· 1 pinch of salt
· 3 tablespoons of butter
· Warm water
· Mix all the above ingredients – save for the warm water – in a large bowl.
· Work the dough with your fingers until you get a crumbly texture.
· Add the warm water to the bowl (while still working the dough) until you get a soft, sticky texture.
· Wrap balls of dough over marshmallow sticks and cook them over your campfire.
5. Corn Fritters
This is a traditional sweet, savory fried cake that goes well with salmon steak, lamb chops, or chicken breast.
· 4 cups of cornbread mix
· 1 cupful of canned corn
· 8 teaspoons of sugar
· Half a cup of cooking oil
· Mix the cornbread mix, canned bread, and water in a large bowl.
· Meanwhile, start warming the cooking oil in a skittle.
· Once the cooking oil is hot, add the fritters mix to the skittle.
· Coo the fritters until the bottom part turns crispy before flipping. Repeat the process for another 5 minutes.
Make Your Camping Cooking Easy with an RV
One of the best things about RV camping is that you have endless options for making delicious meals even when you’re in the woods. Get yourself an RV that comes with an oven, refrigerator, microwaves, fryers, and coffee makers. This enables you to make almost any meal you want while enjoying the serenity of the great outdoors.
At LeisureDays Gatineau RV Centre, we have RVs for sale and varied financing options to help you get your hands on the best RV for your family. We have both new and used RVs to fit anyone’s budget and needs.
Visit our Buckingham or Hull offices today for more information.